We live in a society today where young females struggle to balance their lives between what is expected of them from society, media, peers yet what is imposed by culture and family. One can sit and state that an individual has a choice in being who they want to be without influence and dictatorship.
However, where does this choice of having a identity and being your own person stem from. Is it simply growing up and the temptation of media impact from a billboard that is high up in the high street that catches the eye of every young female that walks by?
What was most Valuable about the training?
- The empowering language
- Everything that was mentioned was valuable, how media presents what we should wear
- All the points made were very good, made me see others views on how females are viewed, opened my eyes to a lot of things
- We learnt to respect each other and be confident
- Be confident within myself and everything I do
- Empowering Minds, making you realize more about yourself and the people around you
- Don’t stereotype, even by accident
- Realizing that other girls feel the same way
- Learning to look past stereotypes
- Talking about the fashion how it really is on other girls
- Thinking about how I feel with myself and how social media influences me
- Learn things I didn’t know
- Women Empowerment, women cannot be objectified
- The fact when we were able to reflect back on how we portray ourselves
- It gives you an opportunity to reflect on yourself its something you don’t really have time for. Its made me more aware of things
- Looking at stereotypes and emotions, my mood effects my dress sense, who am I dressing for?
- Learning to be yourself and have your own identity
- I enjoyed everything
- Most of them were the best
- Learning about stereotypes within females and learning more about acceptance
- Hearing peoples points of views
- Learning more knowledge, learning about myself
Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
- I think it was a great conference, I learnt a lot of valuable information
- Thought it was going to be very boring but it was very interesting
- I thought it was going to be really boring but it was much better than I anticipated. Glad I attended. Very useful very empowering
- A really good conference, which has made me feel more open in a way where I don’t have to be scared to express the way I portray myself
- Love, really empowering